Okay, here’s how this is going to work.
- At times, KONM will be a blog about how terrible – really atrociously terrible – I am at cycling.
- At times, it will be a blog about how good other people are at cycling, especially the select crew of lunatics who do it for money. Of particular interest in that regard will be microscopic Colombian climbers and gigantic Belgian classics-monsters.
- At times, it will be a descent into the more pretentious realms of cyclo-lit. You know the kind of thing: the dreamy, 1,000-word ‘portraits’ about the existential terror of climbing hills that so many cyclists love to read.
- At times, it will be nonsensical drivel about one man’s obsession with a spreadsheet-based computer game.
- At times, it will be good.
- At times, it will be bad.
But whatever the topic or the level of #content being churned out at any given moment, KONM will be a blog about cycling that doesn’t try to flog you a €6,000 groupset in the middle of an article about a stage of the Tour Down Under.
That’s about the only guarantee I can make about this site. I hope I won’t be the only one who enjoys reading it.
For a bit more information on KONM’s various aims, sections and other assorted stuff, click here.